24/7 Fast Leaking Tap Repairs Melbourne
Revive a Drain specialises in 24/7 leaking tap repairs & replacements throughout Melbourne & suburbs. If that dripping noise is keeping you up all night, your taps are hard to turn on and off, or you want to save money on your water bill, call us today and we can be there within the hour.
We Can Fix Your Leaking Taps Fast
Our friendly plumbers are on-call 24/7 ready to help with all your leaking tap repairs & replacements in Melbourne. We’ll inspect your taps first, explain the cause of the leak, advise you on how we recommend proceeding, and tell you how much it will cost BEFORE we do any work.
90% of the time we can completely strip your existing tapware and replace all existing rubbers and seals, lubricate the spindles and install new brass soft closed tap washers leaving you with that new tap feel. Since we don’t need to install a new one, this saves you money.
But rest assured, if a new tap is needed, we’ll completely replace your old one with one of ours, or one you’ve chosen yourself. For fast & reliable leaking tap plumbers in Melbourne, call us today and make an appointment.
Our Tap Repairs & Replacements can Save You Money
It might come as no surprise that leaking taps costs you money. In fact, they’re one of the leading sources of water wastage in Australian homes today. Even a single drip adds up over time and results in buckets of water wasted, sometimes significantly increasing your water bill.
But it’s not just wasted water that you need to be concerned with. Putting off tap leak repairs can end up costing you a lot more.
Over time, the water from your dripping taps manages to find its way to other areas of your kitchen, bathroom, laundry or house where water isn’t meant to be. Like the inside of cabinets, walls, carpet or flooring, which creates that nasty damp smell, mould, rust marks, and water stains. If it’s really bad, sometimes even swelling.
Getting these problems fixed is a lot more complicated (and expensive) than repairing a leaking tap as soon as you find it. That’s why we always recommend calling in a professional plumber as soon as you’re aware of any taps that drip.
The most common problems we encounter is when taps are becoming tighter to turn on & off or when tap washers are damaged. These are both fast and easy fixes that we do every day.
Other problems that can cause leakages are:
- Other damaged parts – aside from tap washers, other parts can get damaged, like the o-rings, that causes leaking. These problems are generally easy to fix (as simple as replacing them) and don’t result in any major issues.
- Water pressure – the wrong water pressure can prevent a pipe from draining properly and cause leaking. This is common for new homes.
- Worn cartridges – cartridge style taps operate with one or two handles & when the cartridge get’s worn from overuse, leakages can occur.
- Broken plumbing – this is the worst (and rarest) of leakages. It involves cracks in pipes or parts of the basin. They can still be fixed in a few hours but it’s more expensive and sometimes requires machinery or waiting around for a replacement.
As simple as fixing some of these leakages may seem, they’re also easy to mess up or incorrectly diagnose. If you don’t have any plumbing experience, we don’t recommend DIY. Instead, call in a professional who deals with these problems every day.
Revive a Drain’s plumbers regularly perform leaking tap repairs, replacements & installations on all sorts of tapware including:
- Shower taps & heads
- Bathroom taps
- Kitchen taps
- Laundry taps
- Garden taps
- Toilet taps
- Noisy taps
- Taps that cause ‘water hammer’
- Taps that are hard or stiff to open
- Taps that leak around the handle
- Leaky faucets
- Sink & basin taps
Taps we work with...
There are four styles of taps we commonly work with in Melbourne and they can all have their problems.
- Jumper washer taps – the washer inside these taps wear out over time & need replacing. As mentioned above, these are simple fixes.
- Mixer taps – Mixer taps have a single lever on them that control both the hot and cold water flow. They’re more complicated than jumper washer taps because they have more moving parts. Because of that, it’s usually more economical to completely replace them if they’re leaking.
- Half turn taps – Half & quarter turn taps either turn a quarter or half way to let out the water (commonly seen in gardens). Their seals wear out over time causing leaking but these seals can be replaced.
- Sensor taps – Of all the taps we work with, these are the most complicated. They have an electrical component that needs to be considered when repairing them. Don’t DIY leaking sensor tap repairs! You’ll mostly see these taps in bars, airports, hospitals, and other commercial premises. They operate by motion (e.g. your hand) which signals water flow.
For Fast Leaking Tap Repairs In Melbourne, Call Today!
Tap Repairs Melbourne FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Mixers are the new kids on the block. They use a ceramic disk cartridge technology to mix the hot & cold water & control the flow. Traditional tapware uses a rubber valve system. One isn’t necessarily better than the other, it comes down to personal preference.
There are plenty of reasons for leaking taps and whilst you can DIY some problems, unless you have plumbing experience, we always recommend calling in a professional. It gets complicated and fixing it yourself can potentially cause further problems. You have to turn off the main supply, check the water pressure, change o-rings, etc, etc. If that sounds like gibberish, give us call! If you think you’re up to the task, this article should help.
Yes we can. We can fix all forms of leakages. If you can track down exactly where the leak is before we get there, you’ll save yourself some money, but of course, we can do it all.
Cash, bank transfers, AMEX and all major credit cards.
No :-). We have a $0 call-out fee policy.
Fast is our middle name. We have plumbers on standby 24/7 throughout Melbourne & suburbs so we can get to you within 1 hour.
Drains, Hot Water, Emergency Services
We Can Also Help You With in...
Burst Pipe Repairs
Whether they're in the walls or underneath the house, burst pipes can cost you a lot money if they're not fixed ASAP.
Hot Water Repairs
Running out of hot water too quickly? Or just sick of cold showers? Give us a call and we'll help you assess if something's wrong.
Leaking toilets can result in a lot of wasted water increasing your water bill significantly. They're better to fix sooner than rather later.
Some of Our Happy Customers
Get in Touch
For All your Tap Repair Needs, call Revive a Drain today
The fastest way to book our plumbers is by calling us on 1300 293 028. But if you’d prefer to book online, fill out the inquiry form by clicking the book online button below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.