24/7 Burst Pipe Repairs Melbourne
Revive a Drain’s plumbers specialise in 24 hour emergency burst pipe repairs and replacements in Melbourne. Burst pipes are no joke and can cause serious structural damage to your home so if you suspect something is wrong, call us today and we can be there within the hour.
We Can Fix Your Burst Pipes Fast
There are only a few plumbing emergencies that are as destructive as a burst pipe. They can cause serious damage to the floor, furniture, walls and even major infrastructure damage to your home, especially if it’s left unresolved.
Burst water pipes also waste tonnes of water, sometimes as much as 400 litres an hour!
Fixing the issue as soon as you find it, even if it’s a small leak, could save you a considerable amount of money in long run instead of having an emergency burst pipe repair situation on your hands.
The stress, the damage to your property, the money, and the potential hazards to you & your family aren’t worth the risk.
Call us today to have your pipes repaired once and for all. Even if you’re not 100% sure there’s a leak, our advanced leak detection equipment can locate the source of any potential problems fast.
Burst Pipes are a Serious Issue
As highlighted above, burst pipes are a serious problem. They’re one of the most inconvenient plumbing emergencies we see in Melbourne. They cause,
- Flooding – the most obvious and when it get’s really bad (or left for too long), it can cause major damage to the infrastructure of your home (particularly those that have been framed with wood), the walls, the carpet, and even the ceiling.
- The spread of harmful moulds that can cause infections & allergic reactions, especially among children and the elderly.
- The moisture from burst pipes attracts unwanted pests (cockroaches, bugs, rats, etc).
- Damage to furniture and other appliances.
Of course, all of this costs A LOT of money to repair. Replacing appliances, fixing the structural integrity of the building, and getting rid of pests are all expensive endeavours.
The best way to avoid a burst pipe is by acting on even the smallest signs of a potential problem. There are preventative measures that we can put in place to ensure nothing serious happens.
The most important thing to watch out for is any sign of leaking pipes. And if you do spot any, get in touch with Revive a Drain immediately.
We use advance leak detection equipment so we’re able to locate the source of the problem, whether it’s behind the walls, underground, in the pool, next door, or somewhere in the garden. And then propose a cost-effective solution.
Plus, our drain relining equipment allows us to repair or re-line your pipes without excavating, pulling up floors or tearing down walls.
Blockages, drainage services, and leaking & burst pipe repairs in Melbourne are our specialties. Our plumbers are highly trained for this.
Signs of a Burst Pipe
More specifically, other leaking or burst pipe signs you should keep an eye out for are:
- Dampness, or discolouration of carpet (especially near bathrooms, laundries and kitchens).
- Damp patches on ceilings, walls or floors
- Discoloured water
- Peeling Paint
- Mould Formation
- Damp or musty smells.
- Wet, spongy lawn despite no rain
- Signs of water dripping from anywhere (including light fittings in ceilings).
- Loss of water pressure.
- Hissing sounds behind walls.
- Noisy taps, pipes or hot water systems – watch out for you vibrations, hammering, or shuddering pipes.
Sometimes, burst pipes aren’t as obvious. You might realise that your water bill is extremely high, or water is seeping through the ground, but you don’t know where it’s coming from.
In both of these situations, you should proceed with extreme caution and call in a professional Melbourne plumber, like Revive a Drain, to ensure everything’s ok.
What Causes Burst Pipes in Melbourne?
There are many reasons why your pipes could have burst, but these are the most common we encounter in Melbourne:
- High water pressure – high water pressure can place undue stress on the piping and pipe joints, wearing them out faster than expected.
- Leaking pipes – a small leak can turn into a larger one. When combined with sufficient pressure, the pipe could burst, causing a much bigger problem. That’s why as soon as you notice any potential leaking pipes, get them checked immediately, including your hot water systems.
- Incorrectly installed pipes – if a bad plumber installed your pipes incorrectly, of course this leads to problems.
- Old Piping – due to wear & tear, older pipes have a higher chance of bursting at some stage.
- Blockages – Blocked drains & pipes cause a buildup of pressure in the system which places undue pressure on their walls, causing them to expand and eventually burst.
- Accidental Damage – Remodelling, renovations & landscaping can all interfere with your pipes, digging in particular. Also, tree roots can damage drains & cause burst pipes if they manage to break through.
- Below freezing temperatures – Temperatures that drop below freezing will cause the water in the pipes to freeze, expand, and eventually, burst the pipe. Fortunately, Melbourne’s climate is warm, but during the winter months at night, this can happen.
To prevent further damage, do the following...
If you detected the problem too late and you experience a burst pipe, to prevent further damage to your home and belongings, we recommend you do the following,
- Start collecting water flowing from the pipe with a large bucket or container.
- Turn off the mains on your electricity switchboard – don’t run the risk of getting an electric shock and please refrain from using any electrical devices if flooding has occurred.
- Turn off the main water supply – the less water running through your house, the better.
- Turn on other taps – yep, believe it or not this works by draining out any water that’s left in the pipes and/or re-directing some of the water to a safer place.
- Call Revive a Drain on 1300 021 425. We can be there within 1 hour and we place flooding & burst pipes at the top of our priority list because we know how damaging they can be.
- While you’re waiting for us to arrive (we won’t be long), we suggest you start cleaning up excess water. This will minimise any damage and also the total cost of our plumbers work.
For Fast 24/7 Burst Pipe Repairs In Melbourne, Call Today!
Tap Repairs Melbourne FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
As much as we’d love to say, ‘relax,’ we know how stressful these situations can be. We are some of the fastest emergency plumbers in Melbourne and can be at your place within an hour, often sooner.
Yes we can. We can fix all blocked leaking & damaged pipes using our advanced drain relining equipment.
It’s possible that you could have a leaking pipe behind the wall or under the ground. Look through the potential signs of a burst pipe above and see if you can spot any. Regardless, we recommend calling in a plumber to help get your water bill down.
Cash, bank transfers, AMEX and all major credit cards.
No :-). We have a $0 call-out fee policy.
Fast is our middle name. We have plumbers on standby 24/7 throughout Melbourne & suburbs so we can get to you within 1 hour.
Drains, Leakages, Emergency Services
We Can Also Help You With...
Fast, efficient, and effective drainage services. We can unclog & fix any blocked drain and we don't even have to dig!
Our advanced pipe relining technology & equipment allows us to repair your damaged drains cheaper, faster and stronger.
Leaking Tap Repairs
Is that dripping noise keeping you up all night? 90% of the time, we can fix your existing tapware & save you more money.
Some of Our Happy Customers
Get in Touch
For All your Burst Pipe Repairs in Melbourne, call Us today
The fastest way to book our plumbers is by calling us on 1300 021 425. But if you’d prefer to book online, fill out the inquiry form by clicking the book online button below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.